Stuart Miller Solicitors are a specialist team of criminal solicitors and fraud lawyers. They are a prime example of an old established practice that has literally had life blown into it through energetic management and initiatives undertaken by a young enthusiastic partnership.
Searching for a comprehensive and user-friendly crime case management software package the management at Stuart Miller identified DPS Crime as the ideal system for handling their criminal caseload.
Amongst the features that helped convince them of this are:
– Automatic case costing and tracking with all records carried forward to produce CDS6, CDS7 and Crown Court bills or private bills where the case is not CDS listed.
– All CDS forms are fully integrated and are completed automatically. This includes the CDS6 form which can then be uploaded directly to the LSC website saving hours of manual input.
– Flexible and fully-amendable system with a library of precedents provided.
– The system includes automated case progression meaning that chaser emails or future tasks are automatically created to ensure a case is progressed.
– Microsoft Outlook integration provides a familiar working environment for users, integrates their emails and their case files and allows instant communication with contacts on the file.
See the software in action by requesting a FREE, no-obligation demonstration.
Stuart Miller Solicitors made the progressive decision to implement a private cloud model with managed IT and software. This initiative has set them free from the internal daily issues of running IT, at the same time giving them strong disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities.
The benefits of using DPSCloud mean that they now have more time to ‘run’ the practice and focus on internal procedures and develop innovative practice management techniques.
As previously mentioned, they have customised their case management software to fit their internal procedures then merged these with the hosted IT to provide them with a solution that is agile and able to meet changing market requirements.
All of this has resulted in the firm receiving a coveted ‘Highly Commended’ accolade at the 2011 Law Society Excellence Awards in the Lexcel Award for Excellence in Practice Management category.
Director Majid Habib comments: ”Without DPS we would certainly have had a far more difficult time achieving what we have and we were particularly grateful for the work DPS undertook with us during the process of gaining our Lexcel accreditation.” See what Majad thinks of the software in his own words here.
To read the entire case study, please download the PDF version here.
If your firm is looking to make the next step up find out how you can achieve your goals with DPS Software. Please get in touch to learn more about our crime case management software and managed IT solution.