How to Buy – Managed IT
Recently, as part of an in-depth study into the procurement of managed IT solutions conducted by Bill Kirby of Professional Choice Consultancy, DPS were approached to contribute our views on the subject garnered from over a decade of providing these solutions to law firms.
Here’s an excerpt of Bill’s presentation, a passage focused on the benefits of entrusting your IT to an external technology provider.
Top Reasons – Why managed IT
- Needed for compliance e.g Lexcel and for panel participation and dealing with commercial clients – it’s common sense.
- Remember backup is not business continuity or disaster recovery because of potential issues around recovery.
- Physically data is much more secure in a data centre as there is no casual access to servers
- Data centres have massive investments in anti virus and anti spam systems
- The right hosting supplier can provide a one-stop shop for support. Their help desks interfacing with, for example, software suppliers and managing the SLAs
- To provide internal IT resource with all the necessary skills to support the modern IT environment so essential to today’s law firms is not easy – numbers, skills compounded by leavers and sickness.
Reduce management time
- Removes a major worry for partners
- It is simple to add resources and as simple to reduce the needs
- Costs are per user per month with no surprises
- SaaS pricing
- No capital is required
- Pricing per user per month
- Includes upgrades with Microsoft versions as and when the firm is ready
You can find the complete guide on ‘How To Buy – Hosted IT’ here…
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Added By: DPS Software | Date Added: 24th Sep 2012